Shoutout to Suri for her wonderful drawing of the 1st Generation of Pokémon.
(Fun Fact: She just happened to post this on my birthday-April 28th)
She’s a very talented girl. You should check out her drawings!
This post is a break from the very serious topics I usually discuss to help you guys get a better picture of who I am. I’ll make sure to get back to the serious atmosphere shortly, but on occasion, I’ll give a little insight on the guy behind the computer screen like this.
For those who don’t know me, my name is Matthew Tome and I actually have a tribal Magikarp tattooed on my forearm. Let that sink in. I have a cartoon fish permanently etched in my skin.
Not the most breathtaking photo, but I’m sharing it for several different reasons, all of which reveal something personal about me:
- I have a Magikarp tattoo. (If you don’t think that’s the coolest thing ever…then you probably agree with everyone else. I’m lame, I’m nerdy, I know. I love it)
- I have a twin brother (yes, I have a twin). Not only that, but he’s in the Air Force. That’s why I have the wristband. Sending him off was probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my life. There’s something about “Hey, you’re not going to be able to speak with this person for a few months” that really hits you hard. Especially when you’re close or family.
- I have a cat. Actually, we have five cats. One for each of my siblings, and this one is mine. Bisou, one of the many french words for “kiss”, is her name. She’s like my shadow, and follows me everywhere I go. (She’s even helping me type up this blog!)
There’s actually a reason-beyond my undying love for everything Pokemon-for why I chose to get this as my first tattoo. I do enjoy a good mystery though, so I’ll leave it up to you guys to solve the riddle:
Why does Matthew have a Magikarp tattooed on his forearm? OF ALL THE THINGS!
Whoever gets the closest guess will win 1 free item of their choosing from the prize pool:
- Personal, handmade drawing from myself (Yes, I can draw)
- A $10 paper bill that may or may not be Monopoly money
- Free hugs
So get to guessing in the comments below!